Wednesday, June 13, 2012

'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Star Kim Zolciak on Her Wardrobe Malfunction, Wigs, and Plastic Surgery

Kim Zolciak's official "Real Housewives of Atlanta" portrait. Photo courtesy of BravoWith her Dolly Parton wigs and va-va-voom getups, "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Kim feather hair extension Zolciak has always had a look that begs attention. Now that her "music" career is taking off and she's dumped mysterious married boyfriend "Big Poppa" for 25-year-old Atlanta Falcons defensive end Kroy Biermann, the buxom blonde, 32, is in the spotlight even more this season.StyleList dialed up the divorced mom of two to chat about her still-in-development wig line, seemingly insatiable shopping sprees, plastic surgery, and more.StyleList: Is your wig line in retail stores yet?Kim Zolciak: The problem with my wigs is they cost thousands. I have been looking for companies who can do a line that is more affordable. We're working on it, but we're not there yet. SL: How did you get so into wigs?KZ: My mom's a hairdresser; I grew up in hair salons. When I started wearing wigs, I was going through a phase where my hair was bad. I didn't like what was out there -- it was platinum, white, white, white, or had too much gold and washed me out. I had to go custom. My wigs have four colors in them, so they look like real hair.SL: I hear you take them everywhere.KZ: They go in lace wigs Ziploc bags in my carry-on. Wherever I'm going, I have a new wig for every day. If I forget shoes, I'm OK, but if I leave my hair, I'm lost. SL: They seem like just as much trouble as real hair.KZ: That's because they are real hair! I have 15 wigs upstairs right now. I always have one straight, one curly, one like Farrah Fawcett. I have them washed and styled by [hairstylist] Derek J every week. The one thing I would like to dispel is the notion that I still have bad hair. I have a ton of hair and it's to my shoulders. A lot of people are like, "I wish you would stop wearing those damn wigs!" I will someday and surprise y'all.SL: On this week's episode, you almost have a wardrobe malfunction. What happened?KZ: My boobs are big, and contrary to what people think, I'm a size 2, so fit is tricky. I was doing a concert and this dress had a corset. I worked with the stylist the day before and he pulled it to fit my boobs, but the day of the performance it looked like they were just going to end up falling out. He took ribbon, tied it around my neck, yanked it up, and everything stayed in place.SL: But normally, you don't mind showing your cleavage, do you?KZ: What do you want me to say? They are made for it. I'm young -- if I feel like doing it, I do it. But I have my moments where I don't want to show them. I wouldn't go to my kids' school with my boobs hanging out. SL: Do you work out?KZ: Girl, no! I've never worked out in my life, and I eat pizza every day. It's my favorite thing in the world. My mom is a 55-year-old knockout and she's got a 12-pack. It's got to be genetic because I stay small and in shape and front lace wigs I don't do anything. SL: Your cast mate Sheree Whitfield is just the opposite. She's at the gym every day.KZ. Her body is ridiculous. She's like no one I've ever seen. I told her I want to look like her when I grow up, but I'm not interested in doing what she does to look that way. I really hate to exercise.SL: Are your shopping sprees for real or just for the show? KZ: There is nothing I do on this show that I don't do in real life. I admit I've cut back like everyone else because of the economy, but I make money, I work hard, and I like to spend it. SL: Your favorite fashion brands?KZ: Dolce & Gabbana and Dior. When I die, I want to be dressed in Dior. But Dolce & Gabbana was just made for my body. They just cut right for my small frame and my big boobs.The dress Kim almost falls out of during the Oct. 18 episode. Photo courtesy of BravoSL: What's in your makeup bag that you can't live without?KZ: I have great skin, thank God, but my Jane Iredale foundation is a must. My 14-year-old daughter uses it as well. I don't leave home without my lipstick and eyelashes done, but I don't wear a lot of makeup.SL: So many "Real Housewives" indulge in plastic surgery and Botox.

No comments:

Post a Comment